Re: Python Scripting Question

>>>>> "Arjun" == Arjun Roy <roy.arjun@gmail.com> writes:

Arjun> Traceback (most recent call last):
Arjun>   File "<string>", line 2, in <module>
Arjun> TypeError: argument 1 must be string without null bytes, not str
Arjun> Error while executing Python code.

Arjun> Is this a bug, am I misunderstanding the right way to do it, or what?

It is a bug.

Arjun> 2. Ideally, I'd like to write a really simple script that:
Arjun> - starts running a program
Arjun> - steps through each instruction one by one, recording the opcode for
Arjun> each instruction performed
Arjun> - and stops when the program is over.

Arjun> Does gdb-python support that?

Not yet.  Better execution control is on our wish-list.  There was a SoC
project to implement some of this; the patches need a bit of reworking
though.

Tom