Re: Some feedback about the python scripting feature

Marcelo> There are some features missing which would improve it even
Marcelo> more, though.

Feel free to file bug reports in GDB bugzilla.

Marcelo>    * *interactive python: *the current python command reads lines using
Marcelo>      gdb normal input instead of the regular python prompt line, making
Marcelo>      some nice features of python unavailable like
Marcelo>      completions-proposals (pressing the tab-key to get the name of a
Marcelo>      function completed) or auto indentation. Maybe running the regular
Marcelo>      python prompt line can be an option.

You should be able to easily enter the Python repl, though offhand I
don't know how.

Marcelo>    * *regular members instead of dictionaries: *it would be more
Marcelo>      natural to have members of structs be accessed in their natural
Marcelo>      way like in c. For example if we have some struct "struct Type {
Marcelo>      int a; int b;}" and we have a value object in python called
Marcelo>      'value', Now to access 'value.a' we have to do 'value["a"]' but
Marcelo>      that feels preety unnatural, why not just support the syntax
Marcelo>      'value.a' ?

We chose this approach to avoid conflict with Value's own members, like
`type'.

Tom