gdb code signing on darwin?

  Has anyone made progress on solving the issue of the code signing requirement
for FSF gdb on darwin 10.5.8 and Snow Leopard? In particular, looking at...

http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/Security/Conceptual/CodeSigningGuide/Procedures/Procedures.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40005929-CH4-SW2

I am wondering if it is possible to generate a self signed certificate from command
line tools which will solve the problem on a per-machine basis. I ask because in
fink, we could run a post install script that would sign the FSF gdb to run properly
on the specific machine that the software was installed on. However it is unclear to
me if one needs additional entitlements beyond those provided by self signed keys
for gdb to have access to the kernel ports. Thanks in advance for any updates on
this issue as I am considering adding a gdb-7.x package to fink but the current
requirement that gdb be run as root is problematic.
           Jack