Re: time to create the gdb-7.0.1 release (?)

Nice research work!

I checked all the patches you proposed, except for one (see below).
I hesitated a bit on the dcache invalidate fix, but checked it in
in the end, mostly because of the symptoms (infinite loop). If we have
any problem with it, either 7.1 will soon be out, or I'll make an
emergency 7.0.2.

I did not see much point in regarding the testsuite patches, but checked
them in anyway, in case some people are in fact interested in the
testsuite results for the branch (I personally only follow the results
on the HEAD).

The patch that I did not commit was:

http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2009-08/msg00448.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-cvs/2009-08/msg00139.html
Re: [patch] Support constant DW_AT_data_member_location by GCC PR debug/40659
        Support constant DW_AT_data_member_location by GCC PR debug/40659.
        * dwarf2read.c
        (dwarf2_add_field <DW_TAG_member> <DW_AT_data_member_location>):
        Initialize BYTE_OFFSET to 0 by default.  Explicitly check if
        attr_form_is_block.
        (dwarf2_add_field <DW_TAG_inheritance> <DW_AT_data_member_location>)
        (read_common_block <DW_AT_data_member_location>): New variable
        byte_offset.  Fix crash on non-DW_BLOCK ATTR values.
        Support constant DW_AT_data_member_location by GCC PR debug/40659.
        * gdb.dwarf2/dw2-inheritance.exp, gdb.dwarf2/dw2-inheritance.S: New.

As far as I can tell, this one is already in the branch (was checked
in before the branch got cut). Do you actually see a SEGV with gdb-7.0?
If yes, must be something else... Let me know, because I'd like to make
the release RSN.

--
Joel