Re: time to be serious about dropping CVS

Thanks for the suggestions!

> Do not try to plan a transition for the whole src repository.  Try to plan
> one for GDB and Binutils together at most [*], on the basis that other
> projects such as Cygwin and Newlib should choose their own version control
> systems in their own way and at such times as are convenient to them.

I would be happy with such an approach - in fact, I think that makes
the task easier too, since we'd have fewer groups to coordinate.

> My suggestion is to handle the shared toplevel files in a DVCS-pure way -
> no one master repository, changes committed to any repository get merged
> to the others automatically.

I think GCC has something more or less similar where they have a semi-
automated merge mechanism? That would perfectly work for me.

--
Joel