Re: Python pretty printers and dynamic cast

Tom> There is nothing built-in yet.  We've had a few requests for this,
Tom> though, and there was a patch posted to the archer list.  If you give it
Tom> a try, let us know how it turns out.

[...]
Jens> So, my vote as a user looks something like this:
Jens> Prio 1: commit this patch for the rtti_type method (I applied it
Jens> to the current gdb 7.0 sources and was happy with it). ]

I'm hoping we'll merge a bunch of python stuff "soon".
I'll make sure this is on our list.

Jens> Prio 2: also add the C++ style casts to improve gdb command line
Jens> experience for C++.

FWIW we have a patch to add these casts on the expr-cumulative branch.
I will look into merging that.

Jens> Prio 3: provide the C++ style casts in the Python API to make
Jens> pretty printers like the one described above clean.

Could you file a feature request for this in bugzilla?

Tom