RE: time to be serious about dropping CVS

There are lots of good reasons to get rid of CVS.  Its lack of
performance, its lack of atomicity, etc. etc.

Personally I'm a happy Subversion user.  I also observe that a closely
related large GNU project -- GCC -- uses Subversion.  So all things
being equal that's the one I would prefer.

Git I've used once or twice, really just for fetching current sources
for projects that use it.  That seemed to work ok.  It does seem to have
its collection of partisans.  Assuming that it too has the atomicity
properties that any real source control system has to have, that would
be an acceptable replacement as well.

Whatever is picked, I agree, it's time to get rid of that antique junk.

	paul