Re: Reset breakpoint after load?

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 06:46:23AM -0500, Paul Koning wrote:
> Right, I noticed that it's set that way.  I have a GDB with local mods
> for our embedded system work; one of the mods is to change the default
> to "on".  That makes debug much faster and makes sense in any case.
> It's very rare to need it to be off.

It shouldn't be a global option, anyway, or rather most places should
not consult the global option.  Maybe the option itself should be
tristate (on/off/auto).

My hypothesis is that any place which combines code analysis with use
of the symbol table - e.g. most unwinders, and prologue skipping -
should specify that reads from the executable are OK.  If code in the
executable self-modifies in such a way as to make that incorrect, then
it was going to misbehave anyway.

Anyone see a problem with that - or have a suggestion on implementation?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery