RE: a review and questions on avr_scan_prologue()

Could you please at least fill out bug reports for these 2 issues? Please put me on the CC list. That way they're recorded.

> Also:
> The avr_scan_prologue()'s recognizes several well-known prologues. Is
> there a reason why it does not use the general prologue analysis
> algorithm as described in the documentation [2]?

IIRC, the AVR GCC prologue and epilogue used to be some fixed code. Recently the AVR GCC port generates RTL-based prologues and epiloges. I'm sure AVR GDB has not kept up.

> I think universal prologue analysis is quite easy with AVR arch. The
> code might be shorter (though less clear).
> I might try to write the code if you are interested.
> (The current prologue scan code chokes on hand-crafted assembly.)

Yes, we would be very interested.

Eric Weddington