Re: PRecord and hardware watchpoint

On Wednesday 17 February 2010 17:41:00, Marc Khouzam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> someone asked me if watchpoints worked with Reverse debugging (PRecord),
> so I gave it a try.  What I found is that software watchpoints work but
> not hardware watchpoints.  That sounds reasonable to me.
>
> What seemed strange was that hardware watchpoints did not work
> even when doing normal forward execution with PRecord enabled.
> I guess during replay it makes sense, but during record?
>
> Just wondering.

Should work since:

2009-11-22  Pedro Alves  <pedro@codesourcery.com>

        Make hardware breakpoints work for process repord.

        * record.c (record_wait): Only adjust PC on software breakpoints
        hits.

2009-11-22  Pedro Alves  <pedro@codesourcery.com>
            Michael Snyder  <msnyder@vmware.com>

        Make hardware watchpoints work for process record.
(...)

That's post 7.0 though.

--
Pedro Alves