cannot step into class member function in dlopen'ed library

Hi all -

I'm having trouble stepping into a class member function in a
dlopen'ed library.  I've ensured that the library is built and linked
by g++ with the -g option.  When I couldn't step in, I tried putting a
breakpoint in the source of the library by line number.  gdb does
break there, but complains that there are no line numbers available.

Strangely, it seems that I've been able to step in before, but now I
can't.  Has anyone encountered this, and if so, is there a good
solution?

Thanks,
  Brian