Re: configure: error: no usable python found

> I don't know; I have never looked at it. ?If you could come up with a
> configure patch that works for Windows, without breaking Linux, that
> would be helpful. ?I can test it on Linux for you, if that would help.

I've hacked the configure script to allow for Python support under
Windows, but the source itself is also going to need some fixing up.
I'm working on making the configure script play a little nicer for
both Linux and Windows, but I'm a little stumped on how to make
somethings conditional.  The code check itself is fairly straight
forward:

#include "${version}/Python.h"

becomes:

#ifdef WIN32
#include "Python.h"
#else
#include "${version}/Python.h"
#endif

what I'm unclear on is how to make (line 9470):

  version=python2.6

conditional on Windows to be:

  version=python26

and similarly (line 9456):

    python_libs="-L${with_python}/lib"

to conditionally be:

    python_libs="-L${with_python}/libs"

on Windows.

Any pointers here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe