Printing of strings with special characters

Hello,

i'am using gdb 7.0.1 with python and pretty printing on suse linux. If I
try to print string with german special characters I get only strings as
'\nnn'.

My gdbinit file contains following:
set charset ISO-8859-1
set target-wide-charset ISO-8859-1
set print pretty off
set print sevenbit-strings off
set print object on

python
import sys
sys.path.insert(0, '/home/anton/projects/debug/printers')

from qt4 import register_qt4_printers
register_qt4_printers (None)

from kde4 import register_kde4_printers
register_kde4_printers (None)

from libstdcxx import register_libstdcxx_printers
register_libstdcxx_printers (None)

end

Within my debug session I use the following commonds on gdb console:

set print sevenbit-strings off
print qsHtml
$4 = "h\366h\366h\366"
show print sevenbit-strings
Printing of 8-bit characters in strings as \nnn is off.

But the content of "qsHtml" variable is not as I expected. What can I do?

best regards