Re: MI Interface and Pretty Print to_string() result

Jens> The current issue is that if I have a pointer as a direct or
Jens> indirect child of a dynamic variable object, how do I dereference
Jens> it? The way it is done without pretty printers is to take the
Jens> result of -var-info-path-expression, and than create a variable
Jens> object for *(resulting-expression).

If that is the only problem, what about adding a new command to
dereference the pointer and add a child to the varobj?

The only way I can think of to truly implement -var-info-path-expression
would be to let the printers return path expressions.  That is going to
yield some crazy expressions, though, for many typical containers.

Tom