How to trace core when shared object loaded using dlopen().

Hi,

I mostly use gdb to examine core files and it works great. ?I do have
one problem that I would like help with: I get this error:
Backtrace stopped: previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)
when I run the gdb bt command.

This "broken" core file is different from "successful" core files
because it uses a shared object (.so).

I have tried this without success:
LD_PRELOAD=/home/me/mylib.so myexe

I suspect that LD_PRELOAD does not help because I am loading mylib.so
using dlopen() and dlsym().

I am hopeful that there is a gdb command that I can run that will make
gdb aware of mylib.so before I run bt.

I am currently on Linux, but I debug on a variety of systems so I
would like to hear solutions for any system.

--
Michael