Re: Getting pissed off by gdb. Please help with stepping in.

> Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 00:22:20 -0700
> From: Doug Evans <dje@google.com>
> Cc: gdb@sourceware.org
>
> I agree it should work as you expect.  I don't see the step out of bar
> continuing passed foo, but I do see it stepping into foo (as if you
> had done two steps, so to speak: step out of bar and step into foo).
> [This is with gdb 7.0 and cvs head.]
> One *could* use `finish' to accomplish what you want but I think a
> `step' at the end of the function should behave like `finish' (modulo
> printing the return value of course).

I'm confused: what exactly does this patch fix, i.e. what was the
behavior before it and what it will be after it?

My confusion stems from the fact that you first say that the problem
described by the OP does not exist, i.e. GDB does _not_ continue past
foo, but then you say something is wrong and suggest a fix.  What did
I miss here?

Thanks.