Re: passing extended sim options when using gdb sim target

On Thursday 18 March 2010 11:54:52 Doug Evans wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 12:35 AM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > a compiled simulator has a lot of fun options:
> >        --hw-device <...>
> >        --memory-region <...>
> >        --model <...>
> >        --environment <...>
> >        etc...
> >
> > when using the command line simulator (`run`), passing these options via
> > the command line is obvious.  but i cant seem to figure out how to do
> > the same thing when running gdb and using the sim target.
> >
> > the gdb manual indicates the form is:
> >        target <type> <parameters>
> > but nothing i stick in for <parameters> seems to make a difference
> >
> > i also recall seeing references to adding hardware devices on the fly
> > from the gdb command line, but i cant locate any info along these lines
> > either ...
>
> IIRC
>
> (gdb) target sim --foo bar --baz
>
> As for adding things on the fly, there is the "sim" command in gdb.
> How the sim interprets it is up to the sim (again, IIRC).

ok, that does work.  my underlying problem is that the common sim code only
respects the -E option for big endian simulators.  gdb however always passes
the -E option down to the sim target.  so when doing little-endian only
simulators, attempts to use options always results in the sim core throwing up
an error that -E is not a recognized flag.

i'll post a patch for the common sim code to fix this.
-mike