Re: gdb-7.1 - last call before release (Wed, Mar 17th)

I'm not familiar with C++ debugging, so there is not much I can do
in this case to help. The fact that it returns very quickly when
the variable is in scope seems logical - I would imagine that symbol
lookups by name search the current scope first, before expanding
the search to the global scope. As for the search in the global scope,
it's hard to say...  Perhaps if you create a PR and provide a reproducer,
someone will be able to find out more.

--
Joel