Re: stuck in reversible debugging porting on ARM, please help.

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 11:59 AM, paawan oza <paawan1982@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This is regarding porting reversible stuff on ARM.
> If you can throw some pointers for below things it would be great.
>

> I am not sure, how to go about about below two things, assuming that there are no alternatives.
>
> -> latest datasheet, in order to get, requires registration to from ARM
>
> -> need to contact qemu guys to get arm target. (qemu part is difficult to setup)
>
> PS: both are very important points as having right spec and target, will end up doing right coding.
>
> above points came up because of following with Sean Chen's answers.
>
> 1) which Arm family/data sheet need to be refereed ?
>

> DDI0100I_ARM_Architecture_Reference_Manual and DDI0308C_thumb2_supplement are the latest basic documents. To
> implement coprocessor instructions which is a plus such as VPF, NEON and WMMX, you might need the coresponding specs.
>
> 2) I am planning to use 'target simulator' command, and cross compiling test programs for arm. so with that simulator I can finish everything except Linux ABI
>

> Arm-elf is a choice. However, I am not sure whether it supports the latest ARMv7 and Thumb2 instructions. I think a real ARM target or
> QEMU is necessary, otherwise, it's very inconvenient for you to test and implement the Linux function call handler.
>
> 3) and at the last step I will be trying to get arm kernel and finish linux ABI part.
>

> You will need Âreal ARM target or QEMU absolutely.
>

> PS : some way it is getting difficult to use qemu or other virtual emulation and fit it on to x86 emulating ARM.
>>>
> QEMU is a good choice if you don't have any ARM target. You might need to contact QEMU guys.
>
> Regards,
> Oza.

Sorry, I wasnât aware of your urgent question.

For ARM spec, please refer to the following link.
http://search.arm.com/search?q=ARM+Architecture+Reference+Manual&site=Site-Search&btnG=Search&entqr=0&getfields=Description&sort=date%3AD%3AL%3Ad1&output=xml_no_dtd&client=Search&ud=1&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&proxystylesheet=Search

For QEMU for ARM usage issue, please refer to the following forum.
http://qemu-forum.ipi.fi/viewforum.php?f=20&sid=897c9c4a74dc3288be31d7c10bb399b3

Any question, donât hesitate to add me to the âtoâ list. ï

--
Best Regards,
Sean Chen