Re: pthread_t ids of threads not showed by "thread info"

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 17:44:04 +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> The difference between the first and the second scenario is that the
> first output was issued debugging a core, the second one by running a
> process through gdb run.

Yes, IIRC GDB does not use linux-thread-db.c (libthread_db) for core files.
`info threads' displays LWPs (and not real threads) in such case.

> May be possible that it is not possible to extract the pthread_t
> info from a core file?

LWPs do not have associated pthread_t.

> Can you explain why?

IIRC I tried once to add linux-thread-db.c for core files but for some reason
it was not completely trivial and I rather debugged the specific case by hand
iterating some pthread_t structures for that crash.

Regards,
Jan