Re: sending CTRL-C to Cygwin gdb 6.8 has no effect

This is as much as I know without having to look deeper into this,
but that should give you enough info to figure out the rest...

The change that improved the control-c behavior is the following one:

| 2009-03-22   Nicolas Roche  <roche@adacore.com>
|              Christopher Faylor <me+cygwin@cgf.cx>
|
|         * win32-nat.c (ctrl_c_handler): New function.
|         (win32_wait): Register ctrl_c_handler as Ctrl-C handler if the inferior
|         is run in a separate console.

> Hm. That document tells me that gdb itself can interrupt a remote
> inferior, but how do I tell gdb to do so? I'm not a gdb expert, so
> perhaps this is a dumb question.

It depends of your environement, but basically, you press ctrl-c, or
you get the IDE to send this ctrl-c to GDB.

--
Joel