Re: How to debug the program remotely?

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 02:06:20AM -0400, ikorot@earthlink.net wrote:
> I would like to debug the program that will be running on the ARMv4t architecture
> from x86.
>
> Is it possible using the "remote debugging" method?

Yes.

> If yes, how do I do that? I can't run ARMv4t version of gdb on x86 architecture.

If you have gdb for arm, you can also run it natively on your target.

> Or gdb will recognize that I am connecting to the different target?

No. Either you have a native debugger and run it on the target, or you
have a cross-debugger and run it on the host. Which one would you like
to use? Which OS do you have on the host and on the target?

With kind regards,
--
Baurzhan Ismagulov
http://www.kz-easy.com/