Re: ARM prologue parsing support for Thumb-2 instructions?

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 07:03:33PM +0200, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> Since Thumb-2 is the default code generation option on this system, this
> makes it just about impossible to backtrace out of any code that does not
> come with debug information.
>
> Now I was wondering whether I'm missing something here ...  Is this really
> just something that's simply missing?  If so, do you know whether anybody
> is currently working on adding this support?  Otherwise, I could give it
> a try.

In my personal opinion, having no debug info - not even just
.debug_frame - for system libraries is a mistake.

That said, I don't think you're missing anything; and I don't know of
anyone working on Thumb-2 prologue analysis.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery