Re: [RFC] make gdb handle weak function better

On Wed, 2010-08-11 at 16:31 -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> That makes sense, although it may be system-specific.  Even better
> would be to revisit our support for multiple-location breakpoints.
> "break calloc" ought to stop on every instance of calloc.

Aside from breakpoints you still need to know which 'calloc' the dynamic
linker has bound in order to evaluate function calls, i.e.
print calloc(100)
ought to call the same 'calloc' as the inferior.

Regards,
Chris

This e-mail message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an addressee or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this e-mail or any information contained in the message.
If you have received this material in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you.
Allinea Software Limited: Registered in England and Wales No: 6871298
Registered Address: The Innovation Centre, Warwick Technology Park, Gallows Hill, Warwick, CV34 6UW, United Kingdom