Assertion Fail: FDE != NULL in Cyclops64

Dear list,

I am receiving an assertion violation, "fde != NULL" on my Cyclops64
system. This occurs in the function "dwarf2_frame" in "dwarf2_frame.c"
while attempting to single step through memmove.

I found that memmove (and other functions) were not compiled with debug
information. Since these were hand optimized routines in assembly it
would be very difficult to add debugging information.

On a plain Linux test I get "Single stepping until exit from function
foo, which has no line number information." That's what my Cyclops64
system should do.

When I perform a readelf on my Cyclops64 executable there are holes in
the .debug_frame section where memmove (and the others) should be. It
looks like gdb assumes there are no holes, so I'm guessing the problem
is somewhere in my tool chain. Can someone direct me to the right spot?

I'm using gcc version 4.3.2, gdb 7.1.90, and GNU binutils 2.18, all
ported to Cyclops64.

Thanks,
Brian