Using telnet to control a running GDB

Hi,

I saw a neat feature in another debugger that I thought would be nice for GDB.

The user could ask GDB to open a tcp port which would accept a telnet connection.
Using telnet, the user could then start a _second_ shell to the same GDB and control it.

This would help a user get a full-fledge GDB command shell, even when GDB
is being run by a frontend.

It would also allow the remote controlling of a running GDB.  Could be useful
for troubleshooting.

Such a feature wouldn't already exist, would it?

Thanks

Marc