Re: Overlays and symbol lookup query

Hello

I am probably the wrong guy to answer that (I do not know how GDB
internals work here, nor have used overlays before).

You did not mention if manual overlay commands [1] were of any use.
I understand that GDB requires user to set overlays manually or to
have special support in the target [2]. The special support in the
target can be done by an overlaying library.
What does "overlay list" print?

I wonder if GDB is able to detect that a target uses overlays and
automatic overlay support is not implemented in the target.

[1] http://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb/Overlay-Commands.html
[2] http://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb/Automatic-Overlay-Debugging.html

--
Petr Hluzin