Re: Why no hwatch command in gdb ?

Why can't this be negotiated between gdb and the remote?
Then the in-valgrind gdbserver could just report unlimited and the user
wouldn't have to fool around.
This is for sure the best approach. This would be a new approach,
that would be a general solution, matching various hardware (and
not only the "Valgrind hardware"). I suppose the same approach
should be done for "non remote" hardware watchpoints.

What I have added to gdb follows the current logic, i.e. mostly
"assume the best, and if it fails, tell the user so that limits can be
reduced and/or can decide to switch to software breakpoints".
I will prepare a patch with what I have done.

Philippe