Re: GDB Python API: stop/continue after breakpoint

Kevin Pouget <kevin.pouget@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I've tried the GDB python interface today, which seems quite
> efficient, but there is one important thing I couldn't figure out by
> myself:
>
> how to restart GDB when a[n internal] breakpoint is hit ?
> from the testsuite I've got this code:

You almost can. One part is pending:

http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2011-03/msg00656.html

The implementation of the "stop" API.  The idea behind this is that if a
breakpoint is hit, that is tracked from Python and has an implemented
stop method, that method would be called.  You can do what you like in
that method.  If you want the inferior process to continue, return True
otherwise return False (and print out/do whatever else you need to do in
Python).

Because internal breakpoints are not tracked by default in the Python
Breakpoint API, you would have to create your breakpoint by
instantiating a gdb.Breakpoint class, and pass the keyword
internal=True.

So, long story short soon.  OTOH I'm not sure if there is a unhacky way
of doing it now.  You could use a convenience function, but that patch
is replacing that hacky way.

Cheers

Phil