Backtrace extraction ONLY gdb

Hello dear gdb community,

Have you guys ever heared things like having gdb installed on a mission critical production system is prohibited for security reasons ?
('Debuggers' being part of the hackers swiss army knife...)

So, that is the kind of barrier I need to work around because for support reasons, I dramatically need a single feature of gdb on such systems which is the backtrace extraction feature.

Is there any possibility to 'recompile' gdb where only the 'bt' (or 'threads apply all bt') feature would be enabled?
Such a gdb would not be a debugger but just a backtrace extraction tool... and therefore would not be characterized as dangerous.

Or do you know any tool that would do this?

Thank you very much in advance
++Cyrille