"Changes made by call" feature

Currently I'm searching for a good idea to work on as GSoC student. I
don't know if this feature at least somehow useful, so I gonna ask for
help with that. So, a little bit rough description:
For example we have some function (maybe located somewhere far away in
shred library, it's not vital), and after calling it we want to know,
which variables and structures have been affected by calling it. So,
we call this "magic" and getting information about data, modified by
this call.
Is it already implemented? Is this feature useful??Is this feature
good enough for GSoC?