Re: how to redirect output of sub program in target extended-remote

> (gdb) target extended-remote | stub_program 2>/tmp/file
>
> Or I do not understand the question.

Thanks for replying. I wonder whether '2' in your command stands for
stderr as in shell command line?
when I typed following command:
(gdb) target extended-remote | stub_program 1>/tmp/file
the GDB always failed the connect with message:
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
warning: unrecognized item "timeout" in "qSupported" response

while your command ran successfully.

I did not understand the pipe in gdb command line well and did not
find any doc on it. So could you point out some doc and let me learn
it.
Thanks very much.

--
Best Regards.