Re: Non-intrusive remote GDB

On Wed, 11 May 2011 19:40:39 +0200, Shrikanth Kamath wrote:
> My question is it possible / feasible to attempt the remote GDB attach
> only to single micro kernel thread in the PPC plane
> and not halt it totally? Say the other threads proceed as normal.

During the initial attach normally all the threads get attached and they get
stopped by the attachment.  Later you can have stopped only one specific
thread by using non-stop mode:
	$ info '(gdb)Non-Stop Mode'

To not to stop the other threads at all one needs to disallow finding
gdbserver the file libthread_db.so.1, besides reconfiguring GDB as a safe bet
you can rename/hide it on the PPC board.  `info threads' shows only the
single/initial thread.

(Assuming GNU/Linux environment on the PPC borad; you did not say.)

Regards,
Jan