Re: Non-intrusive remote GDB

Shrikanth Kamath schrieb:

> My question is it possible / feasible to attempt the remote GDB attach
> only to single micro kernel thread in the PPC plane
> and not halt it totally? Say the other threads proceed as normal.

This is a question of process structure and the underlaying os.
Threads are typically "assigned" to one task and gdb attaches to the
whole task, which is "normally" sense full. Maybe a solution could be
that you use multiple tasks not threads. Under linux this is realized
simply in the clone command where you can give some flags which decide
over the process control. I have no idea how this is solved under your
micro kernel.

An other way is to look inside your gdbserver source where maybe a
thread/task list is kept. Maybe your gdbserver stops multiple threads
from one task out of the list. Maybe you can change the sources at this
point. It is not very complicated to do so.

But without knowing your os, your system calls to the os and all the
rest it is hard to help

regards
 Klaus