Re: automated cast to different data type possible?

André Pönitz schrieb:

>> please give me an idea who is calling qdump_KRBase and what is parameter
>> d? I actually have no idea how to add that to the printer script... or
>> maybe any other python script to gdb.
>
> The code would be called from a Python script that creates the full
> display for an local variable including all expanded children in one go.

Is there any interface defined for that purpose? Or you think that I
should create a new gdb command? If I handle that from a new gdb
command, there is really no problem, but that fits not in the
integration to ddd without changing sources of it.

> 'd' is an object that accumulates output that's finally 'printed', and
> takes care of properly closing nested items in case of exceptions.

Is there any description which can handle such idea? Maybe you already
have such a solution finsihed? Maybe there is also an official one but
not known by me?

Regards
 Klaus