Re: Break at address on darwin

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 7:05 AM, Pedro Alves <pedro@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 August 2011 14:45:11, Ben L. Titzer wrote:
>
>> Yes, 0x1000 is where the program loads its first text page, which is
>> mapped to file offset 0. 0x01114 happens to be the entrypoint
>> instruction. 0x01148 is the address of the first function it calls,
>> which you can see from the assembly listing.
>
> Okay. ?I know close to nothing about Darwin. ?Apple
> have their own heavilly modified version of gdb, forked from
> the FSF tree eons ago, so as Tristan said, you need to contact
> them. ?Or try current FSF gdb.

Fair enough. I downloaded and built gdb 7.3 for darwin. It segfaults
trying to load symbols from this binary (there are none).

% gdb /tmp/add01
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.3
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0".
Reading symbols from /private/tmp/add01...Segmentation fault