RE: Empty core dump file

Hi

I would like to revisit this problem please.

To recap, I am debugging a program hosted by a Centos 5.5 virtual machine (using VirtualBox).  When the program is built on a shared (with Windows) folder  I find that any resulting core file is of zero length.

I have run: ulimit -c unlimited

This is a file permissions problem because if I mount the shared folder with a specific uid the core file is correctly saved.  So I must use a mount command such as:

mount -t vboxsf -o rw,uid=1000,gid=1000 SVNProj /media/SVNProj

which I store in /etc/rc.local

If I omit uid the core file becomes empty.

The problem with this is that I must customise the mount command for each user, i.e. mount needs their uid.

Is there a better solution for this problem please?

Best regards

David