Fwd: Multi process debugging

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Family Zevin <zevin.fam@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 11:58 PM
Subject: Multi process debugging
To: gdb@sourceware.org

Hello,

I am using GDB 7.3 for MIPS to debug multi process application on
linux kernel 2.6.18.8

I am running the main process from GDB. This process forks and
executes some other processes but I cannot see that new inferior is
created within the debugger while new process is spawned.

I am using the following setup:

set follow-fork-mode child

set detach-on-fork off

set follow-exec-mode new

set schedule-multiple on

Should this feature work on this environment? If so, what is wrong here?

thanks