Re: GIT and CVS

   On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 01:50:49 +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
   >    I'm not debating that a unified source is useful, of course it is.
   >    I personally build GDB on Fedora, and beyond what is in the tree,
   >    there are many non-inclusive packages I have to find to build GDB.
   >
   > Do you have examples?  I don't install any strange dependencies most
   > of the time...

   To name those usually not present on the system:
   flex bison expat-devel zlib-devel python-devel texinfo

Only required when having modified files that are used as input for
generation, I tend to make a tarball with freshly regenerated files
and push that to the host I wish to test.  So no need for any of that
on the build platform.

   for testsuite at least:
   dejagnu gcc-gfortran gcc-java gcc-objc prelink fpc gcc-gnat glibc-static valgrind

And tcl.  The testsuite is a bit awkward to get up at times, fully agree there.