GDB Python API issues

GDB Developers,
Hi, I've used GDB for a quite a while now, but have never dug into GDB
development. Recently, I started working on a project that heavily
abuses GDB's python API. I'm trying to essentially write a more
up-to-date replacement for DDD that, instead of parsing GDB output or
tying directly into it on a C level, pulls data from inside using
GDB's python API.

As I've been working on this project, I've started to find all sorts
of use cases that the API, as it currently stands, doesn't seem to
support. I'm willing to help, but I don't quite know where to start
and I wanted to talk to someone before I start submitting a stream of
bug reports.

Thanks,
--Jason Ekstrand