Re: Two quick questions

On 11/28/11 7:25 PM, Andrey Smirnov wrote:
I was asking exactly because I wanted avoid generated unnecessary "junk" in the patches just because I idly hit the tab on some line in the code an my editor re-indented it differently(for example with all spaces, which is default for me now) while writing a patch. It is just that I've already seen one such occurrence in one of my patches and I would like to avoid having them in further ones. So, just to be clear, I'm neither planning nor thinking about planning to re-indent the code. Andrey Smirnov

99+% of the code has been indented with Emacs using its old standard of 8-space tabs. So if you use that setting, the surprises will be fewest in number. :-)

Stan