Re: xz-compressed release tarballs?

On Saturday 28 January 2012 03:18:47 Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> I see nothing ridiculous in a request to cater to a situation of your
> fellow developer of Free Software, and don't understand how can you
> ridicule such a request.

sorry, but i really can't find anything worth replying to here.  being a free
software developer doesn't mean being able to force people to adhere to what
works on their personal legacy systems where the user refuses to upgrade the
software.  that is unreasonable.

i've got plenty of old systems, but i don't try and force everyone else to try
and support them at the detriment of future progress.
-mike