reliabilitây of registers contents with in each frame

Hi,

How reliable are the registers values within each frame?

Basically if move "up" and "down" between frames and then display the register contents with "info reg" do I see ALL the register captured in that frame or just the registers which are "push" on the stack within the source code?

Also, will optimization affect register values such that even if they are not marked "<value optimized out>" by gdb their values will still be readable but unreliable?

Thanks
Ivan

ps. I am reading a core file with its binary with the command: arm-gdb ProcessBin coreFile