Re: Will therefore GDB utilize C++ or not?

On 04/18/2012 11:57 AM, Joel Brobecker wrote:
Wading in late .. but is the gdbserver intended to run
on an embedded RTOS with just threads?
No, it assumes some more unixy-ish OS what spawns processes,
though it scales down to Linux with uclibc, bionic, and other
userspaces [...]
The point remains valid, though, that GDBserver needs to remain
reasonably small. We run LynxOS on boards that occasionally run
out of memory, so resource management is a concern...

Defining run-time requirements for gdb stubs, gdbserver,
gdb itself and any other gdb components would be good
as you discuss what changes might be considered for
each.

Introducing an undesirable dependency is easy.

FWIW your LynxOS target board is likely what I could
consider a large target for RTEMS. :)

--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&   Development
    Support Available             (256) 722-9985