Re: Modify stap-probe.h to identify SystemTap probes

On Saturday, May 05 2012, Jan Kratochvil wrote:

> On Sat, 05 May 2012 09:04:56 +0200, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
>> If any other probe of any other type is included in glibc/libgcc for the
>> same purpose,
>
> I can include any other type of probe right now into glibc/libgcc.
> Even the SystemTap probe isn't upstreamed anyway.

libgcc's SystemTap probes are upstreamed.

>> it is easy to allow this type of probe in the code too.
>
> If you want to place exceptions into code here and there then the
> virtualization really has no use and it did not have to be there.

My goal was not to overcomplicate the code, nor to insert exceptions
"here and there" as you say, nor to break the virtualization layer that
we implemented (and I totally agreed with), but to guarantee correctness
of the code.  But I won't push anymore, I understand your reasons and I
think it's not worth to spend more time discussing this design change.

Thanks,

--
Sergio