Will GDB extract the entire Variable history in further releases, based on Reverse Debugging?

Hi GDB Team:
I've used the "Reverse Debugging" feature of GDB 7.4 and I'm curious if you guys would provide any advanced features based on it, E.g., Extracting the entire Variable History.
This is especially useful when use GDB as a backend of an IDE (Eclipse CDT 8).

Considering the entire history has been recorded by GDB during the execution (Step/Resume), it sounds reasonable for GDB to extract the history so that a front-end, like CDT 8, will be able to deliver then end user with many brilliant features. Travelling in the Variables History? That will be great to detect the root cause of a program! There won't be any headache in debugging a loop!
Is there a plan to do such things?

Will there be any other advanced features based on the Reverse Debugging? Thanks!

Regards
Charlie