Re: Will therefore GDB utilize C++ or not?

On 02/06/12 21:10, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
On Sat, 02 Jun 2012 12:47:22 +0200, Russell Shaw wrote:
A friend said when he was using the full STL, the delay was 8 seconds.

This is too vague claim. Which hardware he used? Why was full STL used by a single CU? Was he using gold? And its incremental linking?

I don't know. The fact that it can happen is just something to be aware of.

He was using in a mingw or whatever environment on a windows XP box which probably doesn't help either.

Wouldn't there be far more existing GDB contributors that would
understand C++'ified gdb libraries, than C++ coders that know
anything about the internals of gdb?

It is a good question, my assumptions sure may be wrong.