Re: gdbserver and following children

On 22.06.2012 13:38, Pedro Alves wrote:
Hi Vladimir,

On 06/22/2012 09:36 AM, Vladimir Prus wrote:

I cannot quite figure from the documentation whether it is possible, in multi-process mode with gdbserver, to
automatically attach to all children?

It's not possible.

I see that http://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/MultiProcess mentions this functionality is living on a branch and not yet ready, but than the page also talks about 7.2. Of course, I can try with CVS HEAD, but it would be hard to separate missing functionality in GDB from missing functionality in my head.

Here you'll find a more in depth comparison of gdbserver vs native gdb supported features:

http://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/LocalRemoteFeatureParity

Hi Pedro,

thanks for the link -- it's much more helpful. How hard would it be to implement that 'follow-fork' on gdbserver?
Days, weeks, months?

- Volodya

--
Vladimir Prus