Re: Merge C++ conversion into trunk (0/6 - Overview)

Tom> I asked Keith to resurrect his patch for this.

Gaby> Since people are concerned about typing rules, would it
Gaby> be an option for GDB to allow people to input pointer
Gaby> literals with the "p" suffix (or "0p" prefix instead of "0x")?

I think on the whole I'd rather have one extension instead of two.

It seems to me that the above would still require extensions in the
overloading code, to deal with conversions from void*; or perhaps some
magic pointer type.

What I think Keith is going to do is take his patch, change it so that
int->pointer conversions (if the int != 0) are given a different badness
from other conversions (meaning that, in theory, this should only be
chosen as a last resort, and shouldn't interfere with ordinary uses),
and finally add a parameter so that the feature can be disabled.

I hope this will be acceptable all around.

Tom