Re: Help with cross-compiling GDB

On Tue, 2012-10-09 at 20:30 +0100, Pedro Alves wrote:
> with --host != --target, you're configuring a cross debugger.  IOW, the
> native debug support isn't included (gdb_native in configure.ac).

Yes; figured it out yesterday thanks!

> IIUC, you want to use --build to point at x86_64-olddist-linux-gnu,
> not --host.

Actually no, FYI.  The --build value should almost never be set
in ./configure.  It specifies the type of host that you're building on
and that should always be auto-detected correctly.  The only time you'd
ever use it is if configure can't determine the correct value itself for
some reason, I suppose.

Here I want to set the --host value (which specifies the system on which
the program will be run).  But I don't want to set the --target value
(or equivalently, I want the --target value to be the same as the --host
value; if you don't specify --target then it defaults to the value of
--host), because I want to debug code on the same target as I'm running
on.

I got it working now, thanks!